Northwest Orange County weather for Tuesday, October 26, 2021:
Sunny, with a high near 70. Wind calm becoming southwest around 5 mph in the afternoon.
Mainly clear to a low around 53. Southerly wind around 5 mph becoming calm in the evening.
Precipitation at the start of the week will be followed by a sharp warm-up in the 1980s in the second half of the week, peaking on Thursday and gradually diminishing thereafter.
Courtesy of HistoryNet:
- 1774 The First Continental Congress, which protested against British measures and called for civil disobedience, ends in Philadelphia.
- 1825 The first boat on the Erie Canal leaves Buffalo, NY
- 1854 Birth of Charles William Post, food manufacturer, creator of “Grape Nuts” and “Post Toasties”.
- 1881 Three brothers Earp and Doc Holliday have a shootout with the Clantons and McLaurys at OK Corral in Tombstone, Arizona.
- 1942 US Navy aircraft carrier hornet was sunk during the Battle of Santa Cruz Island in the South Pacific.
- 1942 The Japanese attack Guadalcanal and sink two American aircraft carriers.
- 1955 The Village Voice is first published, supported in part by Norman Mailer.
- 1958 The first New York-Paris transatlantic passenger service is inaugurated by Pan Am, while the first New York-London transatlantic passenger service is inaugurated by BOAC.
- 2001 The USA PATRIOT Act promulgated by the President. George W. Bush, dramatically increasing the ability of intelligence and legal agencies to use wiretapping, file searches and surveillance.